GRPolitics
Former nPDP spokesman hits Oyinlola, Baraje over ultimatum to APC


Former National Publicity Secretary of the defunct New Peoples Democratic Party (nPDP), Chukwuemeka Eze, has upbraided erstwhile nPDP National Chairman, Kawu Baraje, and ex National Secretary, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, over their letter to President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC), alleging marginalisation.
Eze, in a statement issued on Wednesday in Abuja, expressed sadness over the letter and the ultimatum, stressing that the writers cannot speak for him and many other former nPDP members.
“After going through their letter of May 9, 2018 to the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, the need to straighten some of the facts raised in the letter becomes imperative to at least to douse the unnecessary tension the letter has so far generated in the polity”, he said.
“It is unfortunate that Alhaji Baraje and Prince Oyinlola could send this type of letter without recourse to me or most of the stakeholders of the movement, considering our key roles in making the nPDP the beautiful bride it turned out to be and in bringing the administration of Dr. Jonathan Goodluck down to its knees after teaming up with like minds in the mega party, APC.
“This letter has generated so much unnecessary tension in the polity that some sections of the media and polity have already concluded that this will lead to implosion of APC and probably to the downfall of the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari and the return of PDP to power.
“Without mincing words, I wish to assure Nigerians that the letter though engineered by some of the key actors of the nPDP looking for attention from President Buhari to negotiate for relevance during and after the 2019 general elections but using a body that has already got dissolved in the bigger body of APC, is not in order and acceptable to some of us who risked our lives in projecting the ideals and vision of the body.
“Prince Oyinola was appointed the Chairman of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) while Alhaji Baraje is occasionally given one national assignment or the other. While he has resigned to face his new political movement as one of the key actors of General Olusegun Obasanjo’s National Coalition Movement that has dissolved into African Democratic Congress (ADC) party, Alhaji Baraje probably is looking for a higher form of reward or trying to raise the stakes in negotiating with those prompting him into another political movement.
“In case some of us may have forgotten, the essence of teaming up with other progressive forces to unseat the PDP administration in 2015 was based on our collective resolve to fight corruption. Seeing how far the Buhari Administration has gone in this regard and bringing back hope to Nigerians, it becomes sad that some of us for political exigency want to go back to our vomit. Some of us should be excused from such venture because we will stay in APC to continue the struggle salvaging of our nation, Nigeria.
“The issue of marginalisation: It is unwise for anybody to think that in a setting like ours, everybody would be accommodated or assigned a political position. The claim of marginalisation easily collapses when we compare the components of APC and the key offices assigned to these components. In APC, we have Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), a faction of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and, of course, New PDP.
“While the Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria went to President Buhari (CPC), the Vice President went to Prof Yemi Osiabanjo (ACN), Senate President went to Dr Bukola Saraki (nPDP), and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara (nPDP). Can a group occupying the third and fourth major offices in Nigeria be rightly said to be marginalised?
“In the National Executive Committee (NEC) of APC, New PDP has not less than seven members with the National Publicity Secretary of the party a member of the nPDP, so where does marginalisation come in while most of our members were elected Governors in various States, Senators, Members of House of Representatives, appointed Ministers, Chairmen and members of Boards, Ambassadors, etc?
“The only challenge is that those privileged to be appointed or assigned one office or the other abandoned most of the members of the group to wallow in poverty. Turning around to blame the leadership of APC or the government of President Buhari is a misplaced priority,” he said.
GRPolitics
Tinubu Hails Winners of By-Elections in 12 States


President Bola Ahmed Tinubu congratulates all the winners of Saturday, August 16, by-elections in 16 constituencies across 12 states.
The President commends the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the hitch-free elections, mostly devoid of violence.
Following the results declared by INEC, the All Progressives Congress (APC) won in 12 constituencies, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) won in two, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) won in one, and the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) won in one.
President Tinubu congratulates the new APC National Chairman, Prof Nentawe Yilwatda, for the emphatic first victory recorded under his leadership.
He also congratulates the APC governors and other leaders on the success of the by-elections.
“Chairman Nentawe Yilwatda has shown leadership capacity and demonstrated what is achievable when popular candidates are fielded and with unity of purpose among party leaders,” the President remarks.
“To all APC faithful and the electorate, thank you for the confidence reposed in our party. Be assured that our Renewed Hope slogan is not a mere slogan. Our destination is a better, more secure and prosperous Nigeria. We shall take you there, by the Grace of God,” he said.
President Tinubu commends all the political parties and candidates who participated in the election and enjoins them to continue to be guided by the spirit of sportsmanship, fair contest and magnanimity, which are enablers of enduring democracy.


The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, has restated the Federal Government’s firm commitment to the rapid socio-economic development of Ebonyi State and the entire South-East geo-political zone.
Speaking in Abakaliki on Friday night at a Citizens’ Engagement Forum organised by his Ministry, the Minister said: “The commitment of Mr. President to the socio-economic development of Ebonyi State and the entire South-East is unwavering. He is right on track to transform and move the region forward, as promised when he came here to campaign in November 2022.”
The Minister explained that the Citizens’ Engagement Forum is not a mere talk shop but a direct platform to present government’s scorecard, give account of stewardship, and take feedback from Nigerians.
“This is consistent with the mission of the Federal Ministry of Information and National Orientation to reenact trust in public communication by deepening the social contract between government and citizens, and restoring public confidence in governance.”
Highlighting major achievements of the Tinubu administration, Idris noted that subsidy removal and other bold reforms have doubled allocations to states and local governments, fueling an “unprecedented explosion of infrastructure projects across most states of the country.”
The Minister said “the Port Harcourt-Aba railway project has been completed, delivered, and is in operation,” while the Federal Executive Council has approved “the allocation of $3 billion for the completion of the 2,044km Eastern Rail Line, projected to unlock N50 billion for the region in annual trade.”
In addition, “$508 million has been earmarked for the upgrade and modernization of Eastern Port infrastructure,” while “118.85km of the Ebonyi section of the Calabar-Abuja Super Highway has been inaugurated.”
On healthcare, the Minister disclosed that “the Federal Government, in April 2025, flagged off the Cancer Centre of Excellence at the David Umahi Federal University of Health Sciences, Uburu,” adding that a “world-class Oncology Centre at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Nsukka” has also been commissioned.
To support small businesses, Idris stated: “The Federal Government, through the Bank of Industry, injected about N200 billion into nano, micro, and small businesses, benefitting over 900,000 business owners.”
He further announced that the newly established South-East Development Commission has “hit the ground running in its pursuit to build a $200 billion economy for the region by 2035,” while the South-East Investment Corporation, with a capital base of N150 billion, will drive industrialization and inclusive growth.
On security, the Minister assured citizens that the Federal Government is winning the war against insurgents and secessionist elements. “We have recorded great success in making the South East safe and rendering the sit-at-home orders by secessionists ineffective,” he stressed.
Idris commended Governor Francis Nwifuru of Ebonyi State for his development strides, especially in forging synergy with the Federal Government to deliver impactful projects for the people of the state.
“His success across all sectors of the state is a testament to what is possible when state and federal governments work in synergy to deliver dividends of democracy to the people.”
The Minister reiterated President Tinubu’s vision of building a $1 trillion economy, bridging the infrastructure gap, promoting food security, improving the living conditions of the masses and bequeathing a prosperous nation to future generations. “Indeed, we are not resting on our oars,” he affirmed.
GRPolitics
2027: Again, Enugu North Endorses Gov Mbah over Massive Projects, UNN VC
SANDRA ANI reports that Governor Mbah told the people “…You ain’t seen nothing yet”


…Says Enugu-Nsukka rail line in the pipeline
Stakeholders and groups across the six Local Government Areas of Enugu North Senatorial District, also known as Nsukka Zone, have endorsed Dr. Peter Mbah of Enugu State for a second term in office yet again.
The stakeholders, comprising traditional, political, and community leaders, professionals and various groups, said the governor had shown sincerity and determination in addressing the major challenges facing Nsukka Zone through visible projects, while also facilitating the appointment of a son of the zone as the Vice Chancellorship of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, for the first time since the founding of the institution in 1960.
This was as Mbah revealed that he was already in the process of feasibility study for a rail line that would reduce trip from Enugu to Nsukka to 15 minutes, saying he was just starting.
The people of Nsukka zone bared their minds during Governor Mbah’s working visit to Nsukka at the weekend, which featured the foundation laying for a 5,000-shop capacity Nsukka International Market, meeting with traditional rulers of the zone at Edem Ani, and a well-attended meeting with stakeholders of the zone.
Speaking, the Chairman, Enugu State Council of Traditional Rulers, Igwe Samuel Asadu, said the zone had presented three major requests before Mbah ahead of the 2023 election, namely; the dualisation of the 44km Abakpa Nike-Opi-Nsukka Road, appointment of an Nsukka Zone indigene as Vice Chancellor of UNN, and support the creation of Adada State.
“Today, the governor is already dualising the Enugu-Opi-Nsukka Road. Just last week, he, through his good relationships with President Bola Tinubu, ensured the emergence of Professor Simon Ortuanya as the Vice Chancellor of UNN. While the creation of Adada State is not for him to decide, he has given us all the support to push for it.
“It means that he has met almost all our demands in just two years. So, tell me why we will follow another person other than him?”, he said.


In his remarks, the Chairman of Nsukka LGA, Engr. Jude Asogwa, said Mbah was unstoppable, as far as Enugu north was concerned, saying he had surpassed their expectations.
“Our people said that I should inform you that you are unstoppable. We thank you for the 20 Smart Green Schools in Nsukka, 20 Type-2 Primary Healthcare Centres, and the Modern Transport Terminal in Nsukka, just to name a few, all in just two years.
“So, we want to tell you that we are committed to your cause. In fact, it is as though Enugu just started two years ago. We don’t engage in frivolities and we are on ground for you,” Asogwa stated.
In his opening remark at the townhall meeting, which held at the UBA Hall, UNN, Member representing Nsukka/Igboeze South Federal Constituency, Hon. Chidi Obetta, said Mbah had shown that leadership was no rocket science, noting that the essence of the townhall meeting was for the governor to get undiluted feedback from the people.
“The Enugu North zone is saying thank you because I know a lot of projects across various sectors you have told me in our private discussions that you were planning to bring to Nsukka” he said.
Mbah, while responding to their requests which were mostly in appreciation for the projects done and request for more roads, assured the zone that he would get even more aggressive with roads construction in 2025 by which time he would have been done with the 260 Smart Green Schools and the 260 type-2 Primary Healthcare Centers.
“I know you are all excited about the Abakpa-Opi-Nsukka Road. But you ain’t seen nothing yet. We are also going to do a rail line from Enugu to Nsukka. We don’t think that travelling from Enugu to Nsukka should take you more than 15 minutes. We are still doing the feasibility studies. But this is something we will do,” he said.
Other eminent personalities of Enugu North at the events, which featured a question and answer session with the governor, include the Deputy Speaker, Enugu State House of Assembly, Hon. Ezenta Ezeani; Member representing Igboeze North/Udenu Federal Constituency, Hon. Dennis Agbo; Labour Party candidate in the 2023 governorship election, who has also returned to the Peoples Democratic Party, Hon. Chijioke Edeoga; and Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources, Enyinna Franklin Ogbonna.
Also present were members of Enugu State House of Assembly representing the zone, the six Council Chairmen of the zone, among others.
-
Education5 days ago
Delta-Five and Oborevwori’s education vision
-
News2 days ago
PRCAN Mourns the Passing of NIPR Council Member, Bashir Chedi
-
Sports3 days ago
Hope Uzodimma Backs Chiney Ogwumike’s Vision for Girl-Child Empowerment Through Sports
-
Energy1 day ago
Gov Mbah Revamps, Upgrades Nigergas after 30-year Dormancy
-
Culture1 day ago
Okhma hosts high-level investment pitch for 70 brands ahead of Carnival Calabar 2025
-
News5 days ago
Mbah to NBA: “Law, the Conscience of the Nation, Justice Sector Reform, a Cornerstone of Our Administration”