News
2 Nigerian pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia, says NAHCON


Two pilgrims have so far died in Saudi Arabia out of the over 55,000 Nigerians that arrived the kingdom for Hajj, the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has said.
This figure is lower than the five death recorded last year as at Arafat period.
The Head of National Medical Team of NAHCON, Dr Ibrahim Kana, confirmed this on Monday in Arafat after two million Muslim faithfuls from across the world successfully performed the major highlight of 2018 Hajj.
The deceased – a male from Lagos and a lady from Kano – died from diabetic complications.
He said the Lagos pilgrim died in Muna on Sunday, while the Kano pilgrim died in Makkah a forthnight ago.
In 2017, five Nigerians pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia before Arafat was held. (Daily Trust)
-



News4 days ago‘You escape, or you die’: African men say Russia duped them into fighting in Ukraine
-



Hospitality2 days agoThe Nature Conservancy and FSC Africa Sign Strategic Partnership to Strengthen Sustainable Forest Management Across Africa
-



Transport2 days agoAkin Fadeyi Foundation unveils new advocacy campaign to curb road accidents
-



Energy2 days agoPayment Security Remains Biggest Barrier to Bankable Gas and Power Projects — FirstCap MD






