GRPolitics
After appointment by Saraki, Accord Party sacks Doyin Okupe


The Accord Party on Wednesday expelled the former Special Assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Doyin Okupe, over alleged anti-party activities, which the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party said had caused chaos and anarchy in the party.
His expulsion is coming a day after he was appointed by Senate President Bukola Saraki as the Chairman, campaign media council, of his 2019 presidential campaign.
The National Secretary of the party, Mrs Abiola Ajaja, said the party took the decision after they invited Okupe severally and he declined to honour the invitation and also refused to desist from his negative actions.
She said that the party’s NEC had been on the issue of Okupe’s disobedience to the party for a long time, adding that today, the people that agreed that he should be sacked outnumbered those who wanted him to be cautioned.
- Sourced from a Daily Trust report
-



News4 days ago‘You escape, or you die’: African men say Russia duped them into fighting in Ukraine
-



Hospitality2 days agoThe Nature Conservancy and FSC Africa Sign Strategic Partnership to Strengthen Sustainable Forest Management Across Africa
-



Energy2 days agoPayment Security Remains Biggest Barrier to Bankable Gas and Power Projects — FirstCap MD
-



Transport2 days agoAkin Fadeyi Foundation unveils new advocacy campaign to curb road accidents






