News
Over 1 Million Nigerians Apply For N-Power Progam In 48hrs


Over one million people have applied for the N-Power program after the application portal was opened for 48 hours, the Federal Government has said.
The Deputy Director of Information, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs disaster management and social development, Rhoda Iliya who made this known to newsmen on Monday said the huge turn out in the number of Nigerians who have applied for the program is an indication of the number of youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.
She said ”The ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture
“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.
“The ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants.
“The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage.
“The portal is open for all Nigerians who meet the application criteria.”
The ministry also refuted claims of hackers gaining access on the portal which was opened at 11:45 pm on June 26, 2020, and closed on June 28, 2020.
-



News4 days ago‘You escape, or you die’: African men say Russia duped them into fighting in Ukraine
-



Hospitality2 days agoThe Nature Conservancy and FSC Africa Sign Strategic Partnership to Strengthen Sustainable Forest Management Across Africa
-



Transport2 days agoAkin Fadeyi Foundation unveils new advocacy campaign to curb road accidents
-



Energy2 days agoPayment Security Remains Biggest Barrier to Bankable Gas and Power Projects — FirstCap MD






