Connect with us

News

Soldiers Block Sunday Igboho From Entering Igangan Forest

Published

on

Popular Yoruba activist, Chief Sunday Adeyemo popularly called Sunday Igboho has visited Igangan in Ibarapa North Local Government Area of Oyo state, a day after the town was attacked by Fulani herdsmen.

Igboho was in the town to access the level of damage in yesterday’s attack. During the visit, Igboho also tried to comb the forest with his boys in search of the killer herdsmen.

He was, however, prevented from entering the forest by a team of fully armed soldiers, who were trailing his convoy immediately they arrived the town.

About 8 trucks of the Nigerian Army behind Igboho’s convoy. It will be recalled that several Yoruba people were massacred by suspected herdsmen in Igangan, also the palace of the Asigangan, the paramount ruler of the area was also burnt.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Twitter Refused To Delete Nnamdi Kanu’s Account – Lai Mohammed

Published

on

Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed said Twitter rejected its demand to delete the account of the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

He made this known on Tuesday, when he featured on a Radio Nigeria call-in programme.

He said it was unfair to conclude that Twitter was suspended in the country because President Muhammadu Buhari’s message was deleted.
Mohammed accused the microblogging site of consistently offering its platform to promote agenda that were inimical to the corporate existence of Nigeria.

He said; “Twitter has become a platform of choice for a particular separatist promoter.

“The promoter consistently used the platform to direct his loyalists to kill Nigerian soldiers and policemen, run-down INEC offices and destroy all symbols of Nigeria’s sovereignty.

“Every attempt to persuade Twitter to deny its platform to this separatist leader was not taken serious.’’

Continue Reading

News

You Must Safeguard Nigeria, Not Just Borrowing Governor Wike Blast Buhari

Published

on

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has blasted President Muhammadu Buhari for abandoning his constitutional responsibility of securing Nigerians for governors.

Grassroots reported last week when President Buhari said he told two south-west governors, who came to meet him in Abuja, to return to their states and tackle the security challenges their people are facing.

Reacting to this claim, Wike stated that Buhari cannot shift the responsibility of securing Nigerians to governors when he is the commander-in-chief of the armed forces.

In a statement issued by Kelvin Ebiri, his spokesman, the governor stated that the Buhari administration lacks the strategy to restore peace across the country.

“Mr President, you’re the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. You appoint Inspector General of Police (IG), you appoint the Chief of Army Staff, Chief of Naval Staff, the Commissioner of Police (CP), Director of Department of State Service (DSS) and other heads of security. Which one do we appoint? How can people appointed by Mr. President be under me?” Wike asked.

“It is not only to borrow money for Nigeria that you’re in charge. You must also be in charge of other things including security. Who signed order 10? Is it the governors? It is not when things are going bad concerning security, and you say you’re not in charge, and it becomes governors’ responsibility.

“Mr President should have come out openly and said, my APC governors, stop worrying me. Go back to your states and do your work. On that, I support him.

“Thank God, Mr President knows that I am not one of those that go to visit him over one problem or the other. I, as the governor of Rivers under PDP, you’ll never find me there.”

Continue Reading

News

Shortly After Google Pulled Down Crowwe App, Instagram Deletes Garba’s Account

Published

on

Former Presidential Aspirant, Adamu Garba’s Instagram account has been deleted, in less than 3 days after his Crowwe app from the Google Play Store by Google.

Grassroots.ng understands that the reason for deleting Garba’s account was unclear but Instagram is known for banning accounts that violate its policy or reported for spam, fraud, or a fake account.

He has been criticized heavily for being one of those who supported the ban of Twitter.

Reacting, Mr Garba who spoke with newsmen on Wednesday morning said that Instagram took down his account because some users reported him.

“It was reported by some users and was disabled by Instagram,” he said.

Continue Reading

Trending