News
FG Denies Having Arms Deal Worth $875M With The US


The Federal Government on Friday debunked reports that it has an arms deal worth $875 million with the US.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, described the purported ammunition deal reported in some sections of the media as ” fake news.”
Speaking to newsmen on Friday in Abuja, the minister said there was no contract of such nature and sum between Nigeria and the US
“There is no contract of arms between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the United States of America today apart from the 12 Super Tucano Attack Helicopters of which six had been delivered. We are quite satisfied with the progress and cooperation that we received from the government of the US on this issue.”
“As a matter of fact, six of the Tucano helicopter will be launched on Aug. 3, this year.”
“We are not aware of the so-called 875 million USD arms contract or some helicopters which they said some lawmakers in the US are trying to persuade the president of the US not to honor. The relationship between Nigeria and the US is smooth and waxing stronger,” he said.
-



Politics3 days agoWES 2025: WorldStage boss urges Tinubu to engage Trump on possible joint military exercises to flush out terrorists in Nigeria
-



Energy3 days agoDangote Contracts Honeywell International for Major Refinery Capacity Upgrade to 1.4 million barrels per day
-



News3 days agoUK Govt Backs Lagos State to Advance Disability Inclusion and Gender Equality
-



GRTech5 days agoAVEVA recognised as the winner of 2025 Microsoft Manufacturing Partner of the Year








