News
Ihedioha free to probe me after May 29, not now — Okorocha


BY: Ikenna Oluka
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has told his would-be successor, Emeka Ihedioha, to wait till he has taken over on May 29 before embarking on any investigation into the activities of his administration.
Okorocha, who was reacting to an allegation credited to Ihedioha that he (Okorocha) withdrew N17 billion within two weeks, expressed worry at how Imo state could have that amount of money anywhere.
He said, “Emeka Ihedioha, who was announced the winner of the governorship election in the State on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has been making careless media statements and unfounded allegations, including the N17billion he said the government had withdrawn and the threat to recover what he called “Imo Property” from the governor.
“He had earlier given directives to financial institution in the State against further transactions with the State government.”
Okorocha said that Ihedioha never mentioned how the withdrawal was made whether it was withdrawn cash or through transfer.
He queried,” And where in Imo State, with meager Federal allocation and IGR can one see N17billion to withdraw?”
Okorocha said that Ihedioha should concentrate on how to surpass his administration, rather than dissipating energy on frivolous allegations.
•Source: Daily Trust
-



News4 days ago‘You escape, or you die’: African men say Russia duped them into fighting in Ukraine
-



GRTech5 days agoFDI: Enugu Govt, Haier Group Launch $20m Factory, set for $30m expansion
-



Spotlight5 days agoOgbuefi Remmy Nweke Takes Helm as Organization Ushers in New Era
-



Hospitality2 days agoThe Nature Conservancy and FSC Africa Sign Strategic Partnership to Strengthen Sustainable Forest Management Across Africa








