News
Four Policemen, Six Soldiers Killed In Rann Attack


The Police in Borno on Thursday confirmed that four policemen and six soldiers were killed in the Boko Haram attack in Rann community of Kala Balge Local Government Area of the state.
The Commissioner, Damian Chukwu, disclosed this while fielding questions at a monthly police meeting in Maiduguri.
Chukwu said: “In the recent attack in Kala Balge Local Government Area, four mobile policemen and some six soldiers were killed.
“The police are part of the counter-insurgency campaign to restore peace and stability, and were deployed to various locations.”
He also disclosed that over 500 men had been deployed to Operation Lafiya Dole, and reiterated the commitment of the command to the successful implementation of the counter-insurgency campaign.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs had said that three aid workers were killed and three others sustained injuries while a nurse was declared missing during the terrorists’ attack in Rann on March 1.
The UN agency said the aid workers were providing humanitarian services to over 50,000 Internally Displaced Persons who fled their homes due to the ongoing conflict in the region.
-



News4 days ago‘You escape, or you die’: African men say Russia duped them into fighting in Ukraine
-



Hospitality3 days agoThe Nature Conservancy and FSC Africa Sign Strategic Partnership to Strengthen Sustainable Forest Management Across Africa
-



Transport3 days agoAkin Fadeyi Foundation unveils new advocacy campaign to curb road accidents
-



Energy3 days agoPayment Security Remains Biggest Barrier to Bankable Gas and Power Projects — FirstCap MD






