GRPolitics
After appointment by Saraki, Accord Party sacks Doyin Okupe


The Accord Party on Wednesday expelled the former Special Assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Doyin Okupe, over alleged anti-party activities, which the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party said had caused chaos and anarchy in the party.
His expulsion is coming a day after he was appointed by Senate President Bukola Saraki as the Chairman, campaign media council, of his 2019 presidential campaign.
The National Secretary of the party, Mrs Abiola Ajaja, said the party took the decision after they invited Okupe severally and he declined to honour the invitation and also refused to desist from his negative actions.
She said that the party’s NEC had been on the issue of Okupe’s disobedience to the party for a long time, adding that today, the people that agreed that he should be sacked outnumbered those who wanted him to be cautioned.
- Sourced from a Daily Trust report
-



Politics3 days agoWES 2025: WorldStage boss urges Tinubu to engage Trump on possible joint military exercises to flush out terrorists in Nigeria
-



Energy3 days agoDangote Contracts Honeywell International for Major Refinery Capacity Upgrade to 1.4 million barrels per day
-



News3 days agoUK Govt Backs Lagos State to Advance Disability Inclusion and Gender Equality
-



GRTech5 days agoAVEVA recognised as the winner of 2025 Microsoft Manufacturing Partner of the Year








