Connect with us

News

Chemical attack: US, UK, France bombard Syria

Published

on

The U.S., UK and France jointly launched strikes Friday night targeting the Assad regime’s chemical weapons capabilities after a suspected chemical attack killed dozens outside of Damascus, U.S. President Donald Trump announced.

“Today, the nations of Britain, France and the United States of America have marshaled their righteous power against barbarism and brutality,” Trump said from the Diplomatic Reception Room in the White House in nationally-televised remarks.

Trump said the U.S. is prepared “to sustain” the military assault “until the Syrian regime stops its use of prohibited chemical agents”, saying the joint response will also include economic and diplomatic components.

The three countries jointly launched strikes targeting the Assad regime’s chemical weapons research centre near Damascus, a chemical weapons warehouse and a command centre related to chemical weapons located in western Homs, U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Joseph Dunford said at a joint press conference with Secretary of Defense James Mattis.

Earlier Friday, the U.S. announced it has “very high confidence” that the Assad regime is responsible for a suspected chemical attack last weekend.

The White Helmets, a civil defense agency, blamed the Assad regime for the alleged chemical attack, which it said killed 78 civilians and injured hundreds of others.

In a statement following the attacks, the White House said “a significant body of information” points to the regime’s use of chlorine in the attack, and unspecified other information indicates it also used the nerve agent sarin.

“The evil and the despicable attack left mothers and fathers, infants and children thrashing in pain and gasping for air. These are not the actions of a man; they are crimes of a monster instead,” Trump said.

Addressing Bashar al-Assad’s principal allies, Iran and Russia, the president asked: “What kind of a nation wants to be associated with the mass murder of innocent men, women and children?”

“The nations of the world can be judged by the friends they keep,” Trump said.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) has dispatched a fact-finding team to Syria that was expected to begin work Saturday before the strikes took place. If it continues as originally planned, the OPCW’s mission will be focused on determining whether a chemical attack took place but will not work to determine culpability.

Trump’s decision to carry out military action follows through on days of ratcheted tensions after the attack in Douma.

Earlier this week, Trump warned Russia that U.S. missiles “will be coming, nice and new and ‘smart!’” in response to the attack.

Friday night’s strikes are the second time Trump has ordered the U.S. military to target Syrian regime positions in response to a chemical attack. Last year, the U.S. targeted the Shayrat Airbase after a chemical attack blamed on the regime struck a town in northern Syria.

Announcing the attacks from Britain, UK Prime Minister Theresa May said the Assad regime’s “persistent pattern of behavior must be stopped – not just to protect innocent people in Syria from the horrific deaths and casualties caused by chemical weapons, but also because we cannot allow the erosion of the international norm that prevents the use of these weapons”.

“We have sought to use every possible diplomatic channel to achieve this, but our efforts have been repeatedly thwarted. Even this week, the Russians vetoed a resolution at the UN Security Council which would have established an independent investigation into the Douma attack,” the prime minister said.

Tuesday’s veto was Russia’s twelfth of council resolutions seeking to hold the Assad regime accountable for rights violations. Six of those resolutions sought to hold the regime accountable for chemical weapons attacks.

Anatoly Antonov, the Russian ambassador to the U.S., lashed out against the attacks, saying in a statement “a pre-designed scenario is being implemented”.

“We warned that such actions will not be left without consequences. All responsibility for them rests with Washington, London and Paris,” Antonov said. “The U.S. – the possessor of the biggest arsenal of chemical weapons – has no moral right to blame other countries.”

•Anadolu Agency.

GrassRoots.ng is on a critical mission; to objectively and honestly represent the voice of ‘grassrooters’ in International, Federal, State and Local Government fora; heralding the achievements of political and other leaders and investors alike, without discrimination. This daily, digital news publication platform serves as the leading source of up-to-date information on how people and events reflect on the global community. The pragmatic articles reflect on the life of the community people, covering news/current affairs, business, technology, culture and fashion, entertainment, sports, State, National and International issues that directly impact the locals.

News

Girlfriend burns boyfriend alive at a Fuelling station in Texas.

Published

on

Boyfriend, 25, dies after his skin ‘melted off’ when his ‘girlfriend, 24, sprayed him with 50 cents worth of gasoline and turned him into a human fireball’ during row at Texas gas station

A woman has been charged with murder after ‘melting the skin off’ her boyfriend at a Texas gas station and driving away ‘smiling’.Breana Johnson, 24, doused Ricky Doyle, 25, in petrol as he sat in the backseat of a Jeep and set fire to him after a row on July 18, according to the Arlington Police Department.

Doyle died on Tuesday in a Dallas-area hospital after a two weeks struggle for survival following the horrifying attack, prompting the Johnson’s aggravated assault charge to be upgraded to murder.

Doyle’s mother Lisa told NBCDFW how doctors said his foot ‘was the only part of his body I could touch. That’s all that was left.’

Johnson was heard to tell Doyle ‘I’m going to kill you’ at a Shell gas station during the argument, and went inside and paid for $0.50 worth of gas.

Witnesses saw her return and pour the gasoline over Doyle and walk around to the driver’s seat and set it on fire in what had seemed like a premeditated and thought-through attack.Doyle escaped from the car engulfed in flames and was seen screaming through the parking lot unable to stop his body from burning.

A customer rushed to his aide with a fire extinguisher and put the flames out. A witness said Doyle was ‘bleeding and had skin that appeared to have melted off his body,’ said the police charging document.

Johnson told witnesses that she was smoking while pumping gas which was the accidental cause of the fire.

However, witnesses who had seen Johnson allegedly deliberately set Doyle on fire confronted her, with one trying to detain her until the police arrived.But Johnson pushed the person to the ground and drove away while smiling, the police report said.Doyle’s family said he was first taken to Medical City Arlington before being transferred to a hospital in Plano, where he was being treated for burns covering more than 90% of his body.

They said the top of his head, groin and buttocks areas, along with the bottoms of his feet were spared.

Doyle’s little sister, Mikayla, said the argument between Johnson and Doyle initially started outside the family home in Arlington.

‘She [Johnson] just started beating on his chest. She took his phone. She threw his phone.

Then she came back and she picked his phone up, threw it at him, and then started beating his chest,’ Mikayla recalled. We knew she was abusive to him, but we didn’t know it would come to this.

This is really a traumatic experience for the deceased family. We live in a crazy world, so be careful who you date.

Continue Reading

GRTech

Elon Musk builds Hotel in Mars, Sets to launch soon at $5million per night – Photos

Published

on

The richest men on Earth, Elon Musk is actually working towards making mars a planet to live in.
He already built a hotel in the Planet Mars!

Elon Musk

First Hotel in Mars by Elon Musk is set to open soon at $5 Million per night.
Just wow. This shows how far he’s willing to go in making Mars another planet to live in.
Elon Musk who is a co-founder and leads Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink and The Boring Company, is a very wealthy man.

And as the co-founder and CEO of Tesla, Elon leads all product design, engineering and global manufacturing of the company’s electric vehicles, battery products and solar energy products Which is no surprise as to what he intends creating in Mars.

A little biography of him shows that he was born to a South African father and a Canadian mother. He displayed an early talent for computers and entrepreneurship. At age 12 he created a video game and sold it to a computer magazine. In 1988, after obtaining a Canadian passport, Musk left South Africa because he was unwilling to support apartheid through compulsory military service and because he sought the greater economic opportunities available in the United States. And over the years, his achievements have been quite mind blowing which has made him the most wealthiest and richest man in planet earth at the moment.

Here are the pictures of his hotel in Mars.

Hotel in Mars
Hotel in Mars
Hotel in Mars
The outer view of the hotel in Mars
Elon Musk

But how very convinced is the world about the success of Mr. Elon’s project? Because this is quite a mind blowing achievement.

Continue Reading

News

Apostle Johnson Suleman accused of rituals and sexual affairs with over 10 Nollywood actresses

Published

on

The pastor of Omega fire ministry, Apostle Johnson Suleiman has again been dragged by the popular blogger known as gistlover.
Over the years, rumors about him sleeping around with women and paying them big has been coming to and fro. It got to a point that a lady name Stephanie came out to disclose her alledged affairs with him which was denied.
But just some days ago, a Nollywood actress named Halima Abubakar came out to also to disclose her affair and ordeals with the man of God. She also stated through gist lover whom she conversed with, that she also got severely sick during her time with him.
Gistlover named a lot of other actresses in Nollywood who have been involved with him. Some were said to have fallen terribly ill whilst with him, and some had jujus strong enough to make them not get sick.
Some of the actresses name mentioned came as a huge shock to their fans. Actresses like Mercy Johnson, Ruth Kadiri, Ebube Nwagbo, Ngozi Ezeonu and even Omotola.
This seems like some kind of set up, but Gistlover has insisted that it is true as there are evidences to back this narrative. Well, we will be waiting to see the evidences but here are some photos showing the Actress Halima’s claims and conversations with gistlover. And also photos of the names of the actresses released.

Apostle Johnson Suleman
Actress Halima showing her sudden swollen stomach (illness) after loosing her pregnancy for Apostle Suleman
Halima’s conversation with gistlover
Halima’s conversation with gistlover
Halima’s conversation with gistlover
Halima’s reply when Actress Shan George who was also listed came out to defend the man of God
Cossy too is acknowledging the fact that the affair situation is true as she also gave him some ladies.

With all these allegations leveled on the man of God, he is yet to say anything about it. And we are sincerely hoping it’s not true owing to the numerous evidences being showed and to be shown by gistlover.

Continue Reading

Trending